Host your event at Constitution Hill
There is perhaps no area in Johannesburg that offers the variety of venues as those offered by Constitution Hill. Ours is a precinct premised on unusual spaces, from small former cells where bars yet remain on the windows, to large open areas with the capacity to accommodate hundreds of people.
Of course, much of the space has been refurbished, making it welcoming for every type of corporate event, from private meetings to larger conferences, as well as private events, and from small, intimate dinners to large parties that are open to the public. We also house temporary and permanent exhibitions in the Old Fort, the Women's Jail and Number Four which are open to our visitors.
When it comes to conferencing, our venues can be perfectly configured to suit your purposes, whether you’re hosting a meeting, a seminar or talk, a cocktail reception or a banquet.
We have all the necessary equipment to make your experience seamless and professional, as well as catering services and secure underground parking for all delegates.
For more informal events, our spaces offer the opportunity to experience the very best of Constitution Hill. In particular, our outdoor venues are infused with all the energy and electricity that comes with being situated in the heart of a city as vibrant as Johannesburg, and offer spectacular views.
To view our venues options, please click here.
Our exhibitions spaces are available for hire on a weekly basis and include the Old Fort atrium, the Women's Jail atrium, the boiler room and the rampart rooms.
If you'd like to curate a temporary exhibit at Constitution Hill, please get in touch with us. Our exhibition selection committee reviews proposals on an ongoing basis.
The booking process
Our venue hire team will remain your point of contact for the entire duration of your event, ensuring that your requirements are met. Our services include:
- Booking venue, securing contracts and venue payment
- Sourcing of supplier quotes and event permits,
- Facilitating full pre-payment, venue rental and all orders
- All on-site requirements during event
- Reconciliation, final invoicing and final payment
- Booking of repeat events
Please note that the following terms and conditions apply for the booking of events.
- For contracts sent out more than three months prior to the event, the following deposits are required to secure the booking of the venue:
- 50% on confirmation
- 100% prior to the event
- For contracts sent out one to two months prior to the event, the following deposits are required to secure the booking of the venue:
- 50% on confirmation, as per the date stipulated on the contract
- 100% one month prior to the event
- For contracts sent out one month prior to the event, full payment is required to secure the booking of the venue
- 100% on confirmation, as per date stipulated on the contract and full pre-payment prior to the event