Following the declaration of a National Disaster for COVID-19 in South Africa and the most recent update from the Gauteng Executive Council is that all public facilities including Museums will be now be closed.
Visitors can tour the historic Constitution Hill precinct with the help of a virtual guide available on your app store. Please download: Constitution Hill Guide. The app also provides additional information about the precinct’s various sites.
We urge you to stay home and avoid close contact with others. Other recommendations from public health authorities include:
- Wash your hands. Do so often. Use soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- If opportunity for hand-washing is not available, use hand sanitizers.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes. Hold a tissue over your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze. Throw that tissue away and, again, wash your hands.
- No handshakes or hugs, please. A wave or an elbow bump is acceptable for greeting others.
We are mindful of concerns surrounding the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and are committed to being responsive. We are monitoring the evolving situation closely and will announce any further program or operational changes through our regular channels, including our website and social media. Thank you for your understanding and support.
The Constitution Hill Team